CASINO DEPOSIT METHODS
When considering playing casino games online rather than in land-based establishments, one important element is the chosen method of funding one’s casino account. It is worth investing some time reviewing different methods of transferring money to any online casino, because some of the options currently available may be rather pricy to use and not very cost effective.
Being charged various types of fees and charges over and over again when depositing into an online casino account via some of the options available, could result in the loss of a relatively considerable amount of money simply for funding the account before even starting to play.
The number of deposit methods available for players will vary depending on which country they live in. The following list illustrates a wide and varied range of different banking choices and the best deposit options.
The best thing to do is study and read through each available alternative as some are cheaper than others and players would certainly appreciate having more money left to play those casino games that have caught their attention.
1) Debit Card Deposits – This will have to be the most recommended method of all. Debit card is a guaranteed means to avoid any type of charges or fees at online casinos. This is also a very safe option to use, and provided that there are available funds in the bank account then depositing into a casino account by this method is extremely quick.
2) PayPal Deposits – Many online casinos allow players to top up and fund their accounts through the PayPal e-wallet. This can be convenient if using funds already available in the PayPal account, as no additional fees would be charged in this case.
3) Credit Card Deposits – Given the number of different fees and charges associated with this method, this is certainly not a recommended option. The cash advance fee, for example, is now charged by many credit card issuers and can make this process quite expensive.
4) Neteller Deposits – this is one of the few methods that is particularly aimed at online gamers, and yet it might not be the cheapest. Fees and charges vary, and if sometimes they can be null, they usually apply and can be quite steep when using a bank account or a debit card for depositing. They do offer a prepaid card which lets access funds swiftly, though.
5) Skrill Deposits – Skrill is another e-wallet, similar to Neteller but generally cheaper for non-VIP players. It can be quite an expensive e-wallet if you use it to move money around to and from any gambling site, but if you prefer to store online gaming funds totally separately from all others, then this might be an option.
6) Ukash Deposits – Ukash can only be used to make deposits into a casino account. First it will be necessary to visit a shop that sells Ukash vouchers, and then go online to enter the details printed on the voucher into the banking page of the casino of choice.
This clearly appears to be a very time-consuming option, however there are never any fees associated and it’s 100% safe and secure, so worth taking into account for those with security issues or qualms about other banking methods.
7) PaySafeCard Deposits – Just like Ukash, PaySafeCard can be used solely to make deposits into a casino account. Vouchers are available in shops, details printed on them are to be entered online into the banking page of the casino of choice, etc.
It’s important to keep in mind that while either of these two options might be good for depositing, someone wanting to cash out after a winning session will need to choose another method for withdrawing funds as it’s not possible to have winnings paid back into the voucher.
8) Bank Transfer – Despite the fact that a lot of online casinos allow players to deposit funds by transferring money from the player’s bank account into the casino bank account, most people are not very keen on this method.
For bank transfers one needs to obtain the casino’s banking details, but aside from discretion perhaps, the main issue is that it may take some time for funds to reach the casino account after the transfer is made and therefore for the player to start gambling, anything between a few hours or even a few days.
9) Western Union – In some countries around the world there is no option other than Western Union for those who wish to make a deposit. Depending on the amount transferred by Western Union, if it satisfies their minimum requirements some casinos will refund the transfer fee, which is generally 14%-18% over the amount transferred.
It’s a shame because all types of different charges are associated with this expensive method, which makes fund transfers and therefore real money play much less appealing for those who are not big spenders. Given the number of alternatives, this is not a very popular option.
In addition to the ones listed above, there are plenty of local methods including e-wallets and online banking, such as Instadebit in Canada, Yandex.Money, WebMoney, Qiwi and Moneta in Russia and other countries, Przelewy24 in Poland, Postepay in Italy and Sofort in Germany to name but a few.