If you like games where you can use strategies and logical reasoning skills without having to worry about your opponents, and if you love Poker, then online video poker is the game for you.
Video poker is a concoction made up of 70% of poker thrills and 30% of fun and game speed typical of slot machines. The game is highly dependent on your abilities and the choices you make within each hand, so if you play with the right strategy you can have a good chance of winning.
How to play
The game can be described as a computer version of 5-card poker where you challenge the casino rather than other players. First you need to decide how much to bet on the hand and then press the ‘deal’ button. You will receive 5 cards that you should study carefully, as you must decide which ones you want to keep and which you want to discard and have replaced.
To hold a card simply press the Hold button underneath the corresponding card. The cards that you have not selected will be automatically deleted and replaced with new cards. Now your hand is complete, and if you made the right choice, your winning will depend on:
- The value of your poker hand.
- The pay-table of the game you choose.
- The initial bet you placed.
Most video poker games available online will let you wager credits of different values, usually with a maximum bet of 5 credits on each hand. In some variations of video poker, the maximum bet can win you extra bonuses if you get particular hands, so make sure you check this before you decide how much to bet.
There are many variations of online video poker, each with their specific rules and payments. It’s hard to present valid strategies for every video poker, but some basics common points exist:
- Always keep a royal flush, a straight flush, four of a kind and a full house.
- If you have three of a kind hold on to them and discard the remaining two cards for the chance to compose a Poker.
- If you have a Two Pair, discard the fifth card for a chance to get a full house.
- A low pair is better than a single high card. But do keep a high card if that’s the best you have, and discard the rest.
Variations of video poker
There are a number of variants online, including the following popular choices:
Jacks or Better is the most suitable for beginners because it’s simple and fun, a perfect way to practice the game. You need at least a pair of Jacks to win.
Joker Wild: a joker is added to the 52-card deck, allowing you to create winning combinations more easily. You need at least a two pair to win.
Deuces Wild: The Two (deuces) act as jokers and are thus very important cards to hold.
Aces Faces: in this variant Aces and Faces play a special role: if you get 4 in your hand, you win big.
Texas Hold’em: extremely popular, a variation of seven card stud with two cards down for each player and the next three – community cards called “The Flop” – shown face up.
- Since you’ve already browsed and found this site, we’ll make it easier for you with a free Poker game and the link to safe casinos where you can play for real money.
When you are done with the free demo, you can bet real money to PLAY FOR REAL